The Gospel, the People, and the Prophet.



Hi everyone! I'm uploading videos as I type to the shared album I sent in last week's email, so I hope you can check them out!


This week we had the opportunity to go to Carthage Jail, which is where the prophet of the Restoration of the Church, Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum were martyred. I expected to feel sad at the loss of the saints and have a heavy heart with the heavy topic of the martyrdom, but to my surprise as I prayed to understand the saints' hearts I found that I felt only gratitude, hope, and peace. That feeling continued as I performed as Eliza R. Snow in Trail of Hope and sang to the visitors to press on and praise God. I realized that although things must have been very difficult and scary for the saints, I'm sure that they felt so much peace and comfort from the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and everything that the gospel teaches. I'm sure that as they pressed on, not knowing what would happen to the church after the martyrdom, that they at least felt hope in the knowledge that they had received. I feel so incredibly grateful that the saints had the courage to leave their homes and the city that they loved so much and travel to Utah so that we can continue to have the benefits of this gospel today.


It has been amazing to me how quickly I come to love the visitors here in Nauvoo. There have been a few visitors that I see multiple times while they are on their vacations here, and I am often surprised at how sad I am to say goodbye. I suppose that's what happens when you do the Lord's work.


The first few days greeting people was really difficult and awkward for me because I don't want to feel or make others feel that I am compliment fishing. I am trying my best to turn conversations to the visitors and give a spiritual message when I can.


I've had a few interactions with grandparents that come with their families and tell the YPMs of the influence that we are having on their struggling grandchildren. It's been really cool to me to watch shy kids and insecure teenagers come out of their shells and enjoy their time here when we make friends with them and are able to see them so often. Member missionarywork works!!


Well I don't really know what else to say but I love it here and I love the gospel and I'll try to upload more photos and videos to the Google Photos album!

*** Here is the link to Sister Greenwood's photo album. check it out!***
https://goo.gl/photos/zhniWF9uo2XJgqU5A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Healing Gift of Tongues

Always on our toes

Star Status