Growing with Gratitude


I am finally starting to feel like a missionary! We got to sing for some people this week, onsite missionaries and a couple visitors, as well as a member of the Quorum of the Seventy: Elder Zwick!! I realized how much I don't want to not be a missionary.... I've only been here barely over 2 weeks but I feel like it's been a couple months because so much happens in a day here. I am looking forward to meeting people and representing the gospel and Jesus Christ to help others know of the peace and truthfulness of the gospel!!

My body is not doing so well unfortunately. This email will be short because I am having a lot of arm problems. But I will replace the lack of words with videos!!

I've been really frustrated with myself because I have been struggling with dancing and fighting shin splints and a very tight hip flexer so I've been marking for days... But I've been able to recognize the blessings of humbling myself and have bonded with the sisters as I've accepted my weaknesses and turned to them for help.

Last night was amazing. After feeling frustrated and embarrassed all day long and pondering at the Christus statue with everyone, I realized that the Savior suffered the Atonement alone and how painful and lonely that must have been. I wished so strongly that there were something I could have done to share it with him so he didn't have to suffer so much. When I went outside I was embraced by a sky full of stars and was reminded of the almighty power of our Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ. I realized that Christ had to suffer alone so that none of us have to. No ordinary man could have done that, so the Lord is truly the Son of God.

2 Nephi 32:9

Love you all!

Sister Greenwood

PSSSS our general director used to work for Disney in like stage management or something... I think he worked with the Voices of Liberty too which is low key my dream but anyway Sunset feels like a Disney show so I am livingggg


***Sister Greenwood also sent some video this week, but it's too large to upload to this blog. If you would like to see that, please check out her Facebook page. Thanks!***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Healing Gift of Tongues

Always on our toes

Star Status