Faith, Hope, and Charity
GREETINGS!!
I hope my last email didn't make me sound too miserable because I am so, so happy! We opened everything yesterday and it is amazing to me how everything that I was stressing and crying about last week doesn't even matter at all because everything came together so nicely and turned out so well! Even though things were far from perfect it doesn't matter because we had so much fun and seeing the faces of those we performed for made everything better!!
I literally feel like a princess when I walk around town for Nauvoo Singers and it's wonderful.
This week's biggest challenge came in our final choreographer Mick. He doesn't exactly teach, he just does it and expects you to follow along and pick it up. So at first we were all really overwhelmed, but I surprised myself when I switched into survival mode and actually learned really quickly (I was even to the point where people were asking ME questions about the dance!) with the Lord's help!
We were all so frustrated because Mick kept changing the choreography every time we met. It's really hard for me to unlearn things and especially when he changed the choreography significantly a half hour before we were going to do a dress rehearsal for an audience (this was Thursday... or was it Friday? I lose track of time here...) I was having a hard time not feeling bothered. But Sister Gardner helped me to remember that maybe Mick (who we are pretty positive was pretty inactive in the church) was there for us to help him. By changing our perspective about Mick, we were able to develop a special love and charity for him. Each of the stage YPMs marked his or her favorite scripture in a Book of Mormon and wrote a note for him, and when we said goodbye last night we gave it to him. We could tell he was really touched and emotional and he said after seeing "The Promise" that he felt like he had been baptized again.
I think it's amazing that not only do we get to help nonmembers here, but we get to help members recommit to the gospel. I love this gospel and I am so excited to help so many to connect to the history of the church and everything that the pioneers suffered for us.
I got my schedule! Please reach out to my mom at tamilovesbyufootball@gmail.com for my schedule to make sure you see my cast of The Promise or Nauvoo Singers or stuff like that.
I absolutely love this work and I have a special and sincere love and connection with everyone here! I'm just sad that I can't hug the elders who have been so wonderful to me!
Thank you and love you all!
Sister Greenwood
Comments
Post a Comment